domingo, 25 de septiembre de 2016

Dear July

I still remember those days when I was a boy, when our english teacher told us for homework to do creative and funny poems about our friends. This poem was adressed to July; I hope you enjoy it: 

Todavía me acuerdo de pequeño en esas clases de inglés en la que la profesora nos mandaba de deberes poemas creativos y graciosos sobre nuestros amigos. Este poema fue dirigido a Julio; espero que os guste:

Dear July:                                                                                                                                      
Silence! I’m going to make a speech,
In manners he is rich,
high above my reach.

My heart,
In San Valentine’s time
tastes like lime in my mind
‘cause you could be mine.

He is like a knight
In the night, always giving light
because he is right
and does never want to fight.

But today I’m tied,
And I can’t fly because I used to hide
from a butterfly high in the sky.

Don't cry July,
maybe you are not such a bad guy:
 you have pretty eyes,
 and you are as sweet as a pie;
a thing I might deny.

So Julio…
Even you look like an ape,
You are still my mate,
 and I won’t make a mistake,
To deserve your hate.

Santiago G.

1 comentario: